Seared Fois Gras with Apples
This is the perfect dish if you haven't had Fois Gras before. It's a simple dish with the sweet taste of apples, that allows the Fois Gras to truly shine. See what all the fuss is about!
- 600g of our Fois Gras Whole Lob, cut lengthwise into 2cm think slices
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 Large apples, pealed, cored and cut into 16ths
- 1/4 grated nutmeg
- 1/4 Brandy of choice
- 16 Slices of Brioche bread
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Season both sides of the Fois Gras slices with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large pan, when warm begin searing Fois Gras slices on each side for about 45 seconds. Cover and keep warm.
- Add apples, shallots and nutmeg to remaining pan fat and sauté for about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat to add the brandy, return to heat and cook off the brandy for about 2 minutes.
- Divide out the Fois Gras, apples and Brioche and enjoy!
Leave a comment